From December 15 to 24 this year (2017), the annual festival “The Glorious of Ayutthaya Fair” will be held in the Ayutthaya Historical Park compound. While the ruins of Ayutthaya’s glory days are great to visit all year round, this is the only time of the year you can see the ancient capital come alive again!
What’s the Glorious of Ayutthaya Fair?
As some of you already know, Ayutthaya Historical Park has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1991.
To celebrate the rich history and culture of Ayutthaya, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has come up with the 10-day festival. You’ll get to enjoy lots of traditional entertainment and spectacular shows there.
Why shouldn’t you miss the Glorious of Ayutthaya Fair?
On December 7, TAT announced the highlights of this year’s festival and it’s full of authentic Thai experiences. Many are exclusive to this event:
– Treat yourself to a whole street of Ayutthaya’s famous noodle and prawn dishes
– Shop with Ayutthaya ancient bullet coins at the retro Ayutthaya market fair
– Mingle with the locals while enjoying folk song singing contests and Miss Ayutthaya beauty pageant
– Be wowed by the illuminations at most temples and places
– Relive the history of Ayutthaya through the spectacular light and sound show at Wat Mahathat
And the list goes on. If you’re interested in the light and sound show, the ticket costs 200 baht (500 baht with audio guide). Below is the schedule for this year.
Friday the 15th – 6pm
Saturday the 16th – 6pm & 8pm
Sunday the 17th – 6pm & 8pm
Friday the 22nd – 6pm & 8pm
Saturday the 23rd – 6pm & 8pm
Sunday the 24th – 6pm & 8pm
Don’t miss the opportunity to travel back in time! Save the date and visit the ancient capital during the Glorious of Ayutthaya Fair. TakeMeTour Local Experts will be more than happy to help and show you all the local experiences that Ayutthaya has to offer.