อาสาฬหบูชา : Asalha Puja
Thailand important Buddhist festival, it’s the Buddha’s first sermon in which he set out to his five former associates the doctrine that had come to him following his enlightenment.
What to know:
– Take Place in July on the full moon of the eighth lunar month.
– Also called Dharma Day
– The day is observed by donating offerings to temples and listening to sermons
– No alcohol allow for the day
The First pivotal sermon
It’s referred to as “setting into motion the wheel of dharma,” is the teaching which is encapsulated for Buddhists in the four noble truths.
1. ทุกข์ – Dukkha: Suffering state
2 สมุทัย – Tanha: Suffering caused by craving
3. นิโรธ – Nirvana: A state beyond suffering and craving.
4. มรรค – Mak: The way to nirvana is through practices the eightfold path.
Say no to alcohol for a day, keep the doctor at bay, people!